Welcome to dyanahadi.blogspot.com

This is my story about my life; plus where  I spent my time and money to. And I wanna share what I've done during my past 10 years back. I dedicated this story to my beloved family and friends out there. 

Day to Remember

Lilypie Next Birthday PicLilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

:: Colors in Life ::

This morning, while I'm searching for e-learning example yg best2 for my latest project, me bumped to this article... a very good article for a developer/designer like me.


So, lets share this info 2gether...

The chart below represents several meaning for color. Each color may represent another emotion to you. Use your best judgment when dealing with color and make sure to get feedback on the colors you use.





When choosing colors for your design, remember a few rules for mixing colors. The human eye cannot focus on red and blue at the same time. Trying to read red type on a blue background or vice versa causes extreme eye fatigue. Your audience will not be receptive to your message if it hurts them to read it. Never, ever use blue type on a red background and even worse, is red type on a blue background.

Most colors go well together with members of the same "family".
Warm colors of type, such as red, brown, orange and yellow look better together in combination warm colored backgrounds; cool colored type like blue, green, gray and white with cool colored backgrounds. Using color families generally makes for a more appealing presentation, especially for large amounts of information.

Contrast is fun and can be used effectively to accent information and draw attention to items. In general, keep the contrast low. Too much contrast makes your work difficult to digest. For type, keep the contrast reasonable no matter what colors you’re working with. If your background has a value of, say 20%, and the type has a value of 80%, it presents a subtle look that's easy on the eyes and is graphically appealing.
Avoid the extremes.

Courtesy of Chris Jackson

Need more info?? Click here..

And, me rasa, every designer should have this color calculator.. Practical & COOL!!!




1 comment:

~Nurulizra Loves~ said...

yooo..diana ko dah kena tag ngan aku..jawab tag aku tu...pi blog aku tgk apa soklan nya...rules..